Frequently Asked Questions

We’re here to help! If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, get in touch..

Email Call

Do you screen your topsoil?

Yes, it goes through a 40mm screening process.

What regulations do your aggregates adhere to?

All primary materials are graded in line with European standards. As a signatory to the Waste & Resources Action Programme (WRAP), Crown Waste Limited operates state-of-the-art processing, crushing and screening plants that produce approved quality Recycled and Recovered Aggregates. These aggregates reduce the need for primary aggregates and minimise environmental impact. Crown Waste Limited is registered with REACH – All Recycled Aggregates supplied by  Crown Waste Limited conform to the stringent requirements of the legislation.

What size loads can be delivered to site?

We offer Tippers and Grab hire so the quantity can range from 1 – 29 tonne loads.

Can I collect from one of your sites?

Yes, you can arrange to collect your order from one of our transfer stations or quarries.

Can I visit one of your quarries?

Yes, please contact us on 02476 351111 to arrange your visit.

What sizes of bin can you offer?

We offer a range of sizes from bag collections, Front End Loaders, Rear End Loaders, Skips and Roll Ons.

What are the Terms and Conditions for the service?

Full Terms and Conditions are available on request.

My bin has been damaged or stolen what do I do?

The bin remains your responsibility at all times. If the bin becomes damaged through normal use then Crown Waste Limited will repair or replace the bin. If the bin is stolen or becomes irreparably damaged through mis-use, you will be liable for the cost of a replacement.

Why do businesses have to pay for their waste and recycling to be collected?

The cost of waste and recycling collections is not included in the business rates so any commercial operation is required by law (Environmental Protection Act) to use a registered waste carrier to remove their waste.

Why do I need to recycle?

The law requires all businesses and organisations to separate recyclable material from general waste. Failure to comply with this could result in a fine.

Can’t I just use the street bin outside?

The street bins are provided for domestic use only. Businesses are not permitted to use these bins to dispose of their waste.

Can I use civic amenity sites to dispose of my waste?

These sites are for household waste and recycling only. As a business or organisation, you are not permitted to use them. Civic amenity sites are not licenced to take commercial waste.

What services can you offer?

We offer a range of services to suit every size of business from customers who have a minimal amount of waste up to large producers of waste and recyclable materials.

What happens to my waste?

All material collected is delivered to one of our Transfer Stations and Mechanical Recovery Facilities (MRF). The material is then sorted and all recyclable waste streams are removed. This material is then sent to re-processors for re-use.

What size skip do I need to order?

We offer a range of skip sizes from 2 cubic yards to 40 cubic yards. Have a look at our handy skip size guide to help you work out what size skip is the best for your needs.

What if I’m not finished with my skip by pick-up day?

If you have not finished with the skip on the agreed pick-up day, you should call us as early as possible. We have thousands of skips available so usually we can be flexible. However if your skip requires a new permit to be arranged, the skip may have to be removed while this is organised.

Do I need a permit to have a skip?

Permits are required by most local councils for skips that need to be placed on public land, including footpaths and the highway. Permits can be arranged for a maximum of 28 days. In most cases we will be able to arrange a permit for you. A few councils require that the hirer must apply for the permit; we will advise you during the booking process if you are required to arrange the permit.

Do you deliver to my area?

We deliver Skips to the following Post Codes:

CV1 / CV2 / CV3 / CV4 / CV5 / CV6 / CV7 / CV8 / CV9 / CV10 / CV11 / CV12 / CV13 / CV21 / CV22 / CV31 / CV32 / CV34 / CV35 / B46 / B77 / B78 / B79.

Do I need to be home to sign for my skip?

No, you do not need to be home for us to deliver your skip, simply leave location instructions when placing your order.

Will my drive be damaged by the skip?

Block paved and soft tarmac drives can be damaged when placing skips on them. Heavy skips, which require stabilising equipment, may also potentially cause damage. While we will take every care to prevent damage, please be aware that once we leave the highway you agree to indemnify us for any damage that occurs whilst on your property.

How much space do I need for delivery?

Usually your skip will be delivered by LGV, which is normally very large, although we have smaller trucks for tricky locations. Your drive needs to be 3.05 metres (10ft) wide for a normal truck with a 6 cubic yard skip (standard size). When ordered we will enquire about the location of the skip. Please advise of any access difficulties at the time. Please make sure that there is sufficient access to allow your skip in and out safely. If you are unsure, please contact us and we can provide you with the approximate dimensions required.

Where can my skip be placed?

We will place your skip in the most convenient location which might be your driveway or the road. If we need to place the skip on the road you will need a permit, correct signage and lights. Please contact us if you cannot place on private land (remember the grass verge outside your house may not be owned by you!) and we will organise a permit for you. Alternatively, we may be able to organise a wait and load facility.

So there are no issues at the time of delivery we would ask you to note:-

• Skips will not be placed on grassed areas where the vehicle has to drive across or place legs onto grass.
• Vehicles can only access any site over a drop kerb (not a raised kerb).
• Vehicles are not permitted to place legs onto council land and footpaths other than public highways.
• Placing skips on block paving, slabbed driveways, soft and un-level ground is not advisable and so is only done so at your own risk.

We cannot be held responsible for damage to customers’ property or premises if the ground or site is not suitable for a HGV. Similarly, we cannot accept any liability for damage caused to manholes not capable of carrying the weight of a HGV.

What Materials Can Be Put In My Skip?

Do you recycle the waste collected?

Crown Waste Management Limited has the capability to recycle almost all the waste collected, thanks to its network of waste transfer stations and state-of-the-art recycling centre. Diverting waste from landfill is the company’s overriding objective and its growing customer base enjoys the added peace of mind that their waste is being professionally managed and responsibly recycled in every instance.

How will you liaise and consult with the local community?

We do not apply for planning, but we can assist you in your application for demolition notice to the Local Authority. This is generally known as a Section 80.

Will there be dust?

Dust suppression measures are employed on all projects by utilising water spraying techniques.

Are you licensed to deal with hazardous waste?

Yes, we are licensed to deal with hazardous waste such as asbestos and invasive plants, we provide solutions for all related issues common to demolition projects.

Do you have a programme of works?

Yes, we will detail how long the job will take to carry out.

What size projects do you undertake?

We take on everything from small site clearance works to multi million pound contracts.

What Earthworks services can you offer?

We offer a range of services including site strip, reduce level dig, basement digs, cut and fill and removal of soil heaps.

What geographical regions do you cover?

Our main operating area is Warwickshire and the West Midlands, however we are constantly expanding and a nationwide coverage is possible.

Do you supply your own machinery/plant?

Yes, we have an extensive fleet of tracked and wheeled Excavators (with various attachments), dumper trucks and mobile crushers. All plant comes with an operator included.

What happens to waste materials?

Waste soils go off site to our own licensed waste facilities. We have a range of landfill and waste transfer stations across the region, with the ability to recycle materials.

Are you able to provide aggregates as part of the contract?

We supply and lay Primary and Recycled Materials to meet the requirements of the project. For example, installation of compounds, roads, car-parks and piling mats.

Are your site personnel trained to particular standards?

Our Site Managers all hold SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) and our Site Supervisors hold SSSTS (Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme). All plant operators hold CPCS (Construction Plant Competence Scheme) and all labourers hold CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme).

Can you provide lump sum quotations?

We can carry out contracts on a re-measure or lump sum fixed price basis.